Staying in the Bloomsbury Area
Accommodation: Below is a list of hotels within close proximity to the University campus. All relevant contact information may be found on the hotel’s website. Owing to the nearness of the holiday season, we recommend booking a room as soon as you are able.
As the programme of the meeting will cover the three full days (17-19 December), we recommend that you arrive the day prior to the meeting, the 16th, and depart in the late evening/night of the 19th or the following day.
- Tavistock Hotel http://www.tavistock-hotel.co.uk/Rates start at £75.00 a night for a single, £99.00 for a double, and £119.00 for a triple. All rates include breakfast and tax.
- Bedford Hotel http://www.tavistock-hotel.co.uk/bedford-hotel-russell-square.htmRates start at £87.00 for a single, £110.00 for a double, £136.00 for a triple, and £170.00 for a quad. All rates include breakfast and tax.
- Imperial Hotel http://www.tavistock-hotel.co.uk/imperial-hotel-russell-square.htmRates start at £90.00 a night for a single, £118.00 for a double, and £138.00 for a triple. All rates include breakfast and tax.
- The Highbury Centre http://www.thehighburycentre.org/Book/Book/Rooms/Rates start at £47.00 for a Standard Single, £60.00 for an En-suite; £81.00 for a Standard Twin, £96.00 for an En-suite. All rates include breakfast and tax. A special discount is available for missionaries and those working full-time for a Christian organisation.
- The Hotel Russell http://www.londonrussellhotel.co.uk/Hotel_Russell_Accommodation.htmlInternet rates start at £118.80 for a Single, £142.80 for a double, and £190.80 for a Superior Twin. Tea & Coffee are included; room service is available.
- The Harlingford Hotel http://www.harlingfordhotel.com/booking.htmlRates start at £86.00 for a single, £120.00 for a double, £135.00 for a triple, and £147.00 for a quad. All rates include breakfast and tax.
- The Judd Hotel http://www.juddhotelbloomsbury.com/hotel-near-eustonRates start at £57.00 for a single, £77.00 for a double, £102.00 for a triple and £127.00 for a quad. All rates include breakfast and tax.
- The Bloomsbury Park Hotel http://www.thistle.com/hotels/united_kingdom/london/bloomsbury_park/index.htmlRates start at £97.75 for a single, £106.25 for a double, £114.75 for a triple. Breakfast is available at an additional cost.
- The Thanet Hotel http://www.thanethotel.co.uk/Rates start at £90.00 for a single, £120.00 for a twin, £150.00 for a triple, or £170.00 for a quad. All rates include breakfast and tax.
- Jesmond Hotel http://www.jesmondhotel.org.uk/Rates start at £60.00 for a single, £100.00 for a twin, £130.00 for a triple, and £145.00 for a quad. All rates include breakfast and tax. There are a limited number of en-suite rooms available but shared shower rooms are slightly cheaper.
Travel To and Around London
The Campus: SOAS, University of London, Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London, WC1H 0XG, Tel: +44 (0)20 7637 2388
From the Airports: There are a number of London airports, some of which cater exclusively to budget airlines, and all are accessible by some form of public transport. Below are links for information about how to travel from any of the major London airports:
- From Stansted: http://www.stanstedairport.com/transport-and-directions
- From Heathrow: http://www.heathrowairport.com/transport-and-directions
- From Gatwick: http://www.gatwickairport.com/transport/to-london/
- From Luton: http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/airport/
Transportation: The easiest way to get to SOAS from outside the area is by using the Underground. The nearest station is Russell Square which is on the Piccadilly Line. Links for Underground maps can be found here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/standard-tube-map.pdf
A map of the station in relation to SOAS can be found here: http://www.soas.ac.uk/visitors/location/maps/#RussellSquareCampusMap
If you choose to stay in any one of the nearby hotels listed above, you should be able to walk to the campus within ten minutes. Here is a map of SOAS and the surrounding area: http://www.soas.ac.uk/visitors/location/maps/#InteractiveMap
There are also a number of buses accessible which travel from stops just outside the campus. A bus map can be found here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/